Home Forums IVF Frequently Asked Questions risks of ivf

6 replies, 5 voices Last updated by  Prerona Ghosh 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Penelope
    Participant
    @Penelope

Hi everybody! I am Penelope. I am infertile and I am decided to go on ivf treatment. I found a clinic in Ukraine that is specialized for cases like mine. I know that every procedure has his risks. I know that ivf also has it’s own risks. I just want to know what are they before I go there.

Lydia
    Participant
    @lydia

Dear Penelope, I am glad that you decided to to something about your problem. Yes, there are some risks. IVF increases the risk of multiple births if more than one embryo is implanted in your uterus. Use of IVF slightly increases the risk that a baby will be born early or with a low birth weight. About 2 to 5 percent of women who use IVF will have an ectopic pregnancy. There are some other risks but I think there are more benefits. It’s good that you are aware of the risks. It’s good to know the good and bad side of every treatment. I hope it would be everything fine with you. The bad things are not so common.

Penelope
    Participant
    @Penelope

I was aware that there are many risks in ivf treatment but I think that neither one risk is common. I was thinking about it a lot. Everything bad happened so rare. I am still sure that I want to do that. Benefits of this treatment are bigger than the risk. I hope everything will be OK.

Lydia
    Participant
    @lydia

Good thinking Penelope. It’s great that you are so positive. Stay like that. It’s good that you are aware of all possible outcomes. Your strength will gave you wings to proceed. It would be hard get through all that procedure and you will need all your strength and positive thinking.

Maria Puzsick
    Participant
    @MariaPuzsick

Well, I agree there are risks of an IVF procedure. But, I think you should really be positive about it. It’s really worth for those who can’t have it the natural way. Anyway! I wish you luck with it! I want you to know that you’re doing it right! Go for it! Stay blessed! xx 🙂

Rumessa
    Participant
    @rumessa

Thank you so much for starting this thread.I have been wondering about this for quite some time now as well.Thank you so much for the people who expanded on this.I have been diagnosed with infertility as well.The doctors had my ovaries and tubes removed.I was considering IVF for myself as well.This was one of my biggest concern.Take care of yourself all you guys and much love to you all.

Prerona Ghosh
    Participant
    @prerona

Dear Penelope, I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. I wish it were easier to get help and assistance for this. However, even though there are available options for you to choose from, do not step into those decision hastily. Examine all the possible kinks and outcomes of all your choices and weigh them out well. Please also get someone close to give you advice and be there for you throughout this entire procedure, even if you don’t go through with it. Take care and stay sharp.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active